Disney Sing Along Choo Choo by Fisher Price
Fisher Price are a popular and much respected toy manufacturer who have been producing excellent baby and children's toys for many generations.
Their latest release, the excellent Fisher Price Disney Sing Along Choo-Choo is a musical toy train aimed at babies and we feel sure that babies will think it is the best toy train they have ever seen!
What are the main features of the Sing Along Choo Choo?
Here is a list of the main features of the Fisher Price Disney Sing Along Choo Choo:
- Toy train designed to keep baby's entertained
- Includes lights and Disney music
- Includes 15+ sing along Disney songs and phrases
- Push and Go train
- Includes characters Dumbo (from the Disney film 'Dumbo') Simba (from the Disney film' The Lion King') and Lucky (from the Disney film '101 Dalmatians')
- Includes bright and colourful train engine and cars
- Includes a number of hands on activities for babies to enjoy
- Themed train cars - one for each Disney film - Dumbo, The Lion King and 101 Dalmations
- The first train car has a Dumbo theme in red and blue
- The second train car has a jungle theme for the Lion King film and also includes an overhead bar which Simba can swing on
- The third train car features a Dalmatian motif to reflect the 101 Dalmations film theme and also includes a bead bar for babies to bat at
- Large and chunky pieces that are easy for little hands to hold onto
- Safe and durable
- Suitable from 6 -12 months
- Includes volume control
- Requires 2x AA batteries
What is The Disney Sing-Along Choo Choo?
The Disney Sing-Along Choo Choo is a brightly coloured push and go train featuring 3 well known characters from children's Disney films - Dumbo from Dumbo, Simba from The Lion King and Lucky from 101 Dalmatians.
Firstly the Characters
Babies can play with all the Disney characters separately to the train. Dumbo and Simba both have clicking joints and feet that also include texture which little baby hands will enjoy feeling. Lucky is also a rattle so when give a shake by babies he make a noise. Babies will enjoy the bright colours, the chunkiness of the characters and fun noises each character can make.
Onto the Train Cars
Each train car has a different theme which matches the Disney character and the film they are from. So there is a train car for Dumbo, The Lion King and 101 Dalmations. The first train car has a Dumbo theme. The second train car has a jungle theme for the Lion King and an bar which Simba can enjoy swinging on. The third train car features a Dalmatian motif and a bat-at-roller for 101 Dalmations.
Babies will also enjoy all the fun musical songs the train plays. Firstly, the train will grab the baby's attention with a smokestack which lights up and then when baby presses the stack or pushes the train along, it will play a well known Disney song, tune or phrase.
Is the Sing Along Choo Choo a good toy for my child?
In our opinion the Fisher Price Disney Sing Along Choo Choo would make an excellent choice for babies aged 6-12 months. Playing with this toy will not only be fun for babies but also help them to develop their skills and learning in many different areas including the following:
- Helping to stimulate baby's senses
- Hearing: babies can enjoy listening to the Disney songs and this will also help them to develop their language skills
- Sight: babies can experience plenty of visual stimulation looking at the bright colours and flashing lights on the train
- Touch: babies can enjoy feeling different parts of the toy such as Dumbo's ears which have interesting textures on them
Helping to develop baby's skills
Pushing the train will encourage motor skills such as learning to crawl as well as balance and co-ordination skills.
Batting at the roller, shaking the rattle and playing with Simba's swing will help develop babies motor skills and strength.
Connecting Simba to his swing, batting at the roller and shaking the rattle will help babies to develop and strengthen their fine motor skills.
Helping babies to explore the world around them
Playing with this toy encourages baby's to explore as the toy contains interesting elements for little hands to feel such as Dumbo's textured ears and hear such as shaking Lucky who has rattle beads inside.
Cause and Effect
Babies will learn to press the smokestack for lights and music which will teach them about cause and effect.
What do other customers think?
The Fisher Price Disney Sing Along Choo Choo has already been released into the market and there has already been lots of positive feedback from happy customers such as this:
"Well worth the money, big, chunky and lots of fun. This is my 11 month old daughters favourite toy." Holly
Overall we think that babies everywhere will have a lot of fun with this new toy over Christmas 2012. It contains all the elements that babies love - it is brightly coloured, it can move, play songs and light up. All of these things make it a perfect gift for developing a babies growing imagination.
Some parents have commented that it plays the same songs over and over again when train is in motion. However, we feel that some repetition is necessary for babies to learn but parents might be pleased to learn that the train does come with a volume control!
If you know of a baby who would love this Disney train this Christmas then it would be a good idea to order now so as to avoid disappointment. Tesco's have placed this toy in their Christmas top 10 toys so it might sell out quickly!